Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tomorrow she turns 9!

I try very hard to make sure that each of my children know their place in this family and the important mark they make in the world. Tomorrow we celebrate Madeline's 9th birthday! It's hard to believe she will be 9. I can remember vividly the day she was born, her first year of her life and all I can say is I'm sorry! I struggled a lot with her, finding at delivery she was a boy and having what I now think was post-pardom depression. It was a devastating year...it was the year of 911, a mother who drowned her 4 kids and sent to prison, it was tough in the news and tough at home.But we survived and I did what I could do, love her.

Madeline is so much like me it's scary. She's caddy, witty, smart, moody, creative, loving, quiet, and introspective. This is not to say that all of these describe me, because they do not. This little girl has a big heart and many times wears it on her sleeve. I see portions of me that I want to say Why?? Because I have seen the hurt it has caused many people and I know that if I could do it over again I would, thus why have her life go that way? However, through my struggles I have learned who I am and what I can do, which makes me cheer her on. She is a middle child of sorts, kind of gets lost in the shuffle, expected to hold her own. I feel that she will be a tremendous young lady who will make a difference in this world, when she finds out her place. She still hasn't found her niche, but together we are working on it slowly.

This little girl is creative! She can dance, loves to sing, can draw, swim and so much more that we have not discovered. I hope the next few years Madeline begins to see what she can do and have confidence, take pride in what she accomplishes without regret. I have never regretted having my children, they are all uniquely awesome. Though we may struggle in life I can say that I am so proud of their accomplishments and their learning moments!

Happy Birthday Madeline! May you always know how much you are loved, admired, and enjoyed!

No comments: