Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today we Celebrate!

Every milestone with Jack is an opportunity to celebrate! With everything he has to overcome and sometimes the slowness in which it comes we celebrate everything! We celebrate him going potty, we celebrate him going poo, we celebrate the fact that he can put on his own clothes! Even he celebrates....today was extra special because today he lost his first tooth!! I wasn't sure what the time line would be for him. With Jackson we take everything as it comes. We know he'll be able to accomplish everything we may just not know when and that is okay with us, because when it does come it is so very awesome! I guess you could say that the patience I requested when I was trying to get pregnant with my first has come back to reward me with continual patience and understanding. Not that it is easy mind you, but it makes the milestones he achieves that much more precious...I can totally relate to Mary treasuring those simple things in her heart because Jackson's milestones do the same for me.

Yesterday Jackson showed me his mouth with his finger and I looked in there and noticed his tooth was a bit wiggly. This morning it was still there and very wiggly...a couple of hours later it was gone. We have no idea what happened to the tooth, we're not sure if he swallowed it or if he threw it in the trash. What we do know is that the tooth fairy does not discriminate and she will make an appearance this evening! Jackson is not quite sure what to do with this new hole in his mouth, but his new tooth has already made an appearance through the gum so it won't be too long before that space is filled.

This month has been quite a busy month for Jackson, he has chosen to become completely potty trained and no longer requires pull-ups during the day or night and the loss of his first tooth...of course we can't forget that he also turned 6!! It still amazes me how much he's grown, from a little man who was basically a failure to thrive to now a 52lb boy who is potty trained and 1 tooth less. He amazes me in so many ways that I can't help but enjoy him!

No comments: